HaiUK - Expats Guide to UK

The UK's leading

Online Business Directory

You get more customers

Add your business

Find a Business

1.6 Million+ Local UK Companies

What time do you wake up for work?

How long is your commute? What time do you start and finish work? | Modified: March 21, 2018 | Author:

56 Comments

I wake up at 8 for the half 8 train. Takes 35 mins to get in to London Bridge then I work 9ish - 5ish.   [ ninety2wo 1 year ago ]

Wake up 6:55. In work by about 8:30-8:40. Spend an hour showering, cooking and ironing.   [ tp3753 1 year ago ]

Wake up: 7am Leave home: 7:55 Arrive at work: 9:20 Leave work: 4:30 Arrive home: 6pm.   [ disastertourista 1 year ago ]

I'm doing three different shifts but : 1. 1st alarm : 4:30 Leave house : 5:00 Commute : 30mns Start shift : 6:00 Finish shift : 16:00 2. 1st alarm : 6:30 Leave house : 7:00 Commute : 40mns Start shift : 8:00 Finish shift : 17:00 3. First alarm : 12:00 Leave house : 14:45 Commute : 50mns Start shift : 16:00 Finish shift : _()_/   [ Tiboti_Dalton 1 year ago ]

Sorry but what / where do you work? Almost 17 hours a day sounds terrible :/   [ hyperwriter 1 year ago ]

how are you not dead   [ lolroflmao 1 year ago ]

Wake up: 07:00-07:30 Commute: 20 minutes walk In the office at: 08:00-08:30 Usually finish work: 17:30-18:30   [ phenorbital 1 year ago ]

Do you shower/eat breakfast at work?   [ OneMoreAlwaysOneMore 1 year ago ]

wake up: 2.30am cold shower: 2.35am bowl of gruel: 2.45am trudge through snow and rain to station: 3.15am central line: 4.00am work: 4.30-21.00 home by: 22.30   [ frogcakemilkshake 1 year ago ]

6:00am I wake up 6:40am I start my 50 minute commute 7:30am I arrive at work 3:30pm I finish work 4:30pm I arrive home   [ PracticalComputer 1 year ago ]

What do you do for the 85 minutes between waking up and leaving for work?   [ bordeaux_vojvodina 1 year ago ]

Wake Up - 7:30 (sometimes 7:50 tbh) Commute - 15 minutes Start work: 09:00 Finish work - 17:30 - 18:00   [ ownedbyollie 1 year ago ]

Wake up 8am Leave house at 8.15 Commute 45mins Work starts 9am Work finishes 5.30pm   [ amijustinsane 1 year ago ]

Usually 40 mins to 1 hour, depending on where I am that day. Again, start times are variable- I try to be doing work by 10.30am but I'm rubbish at mornings. Sometimes if I work from home for at least part of the day I'll start work over breakfast around 8am. I don't really have a finish time. I should work about 8-8.5 hours per day but it doesn't really always happen like that. We're a quality over quantity team so as long as you're hitting targets and getting stuff done you're good. I need around 1.5-2 hours in the morning to get me from caveman-like stumbling and groaning to bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to work. That's before I even leave the house!   [ SuzyJTH 1 year ago ]

Bed tester, am I right? Living the dream.   [ SuzyJTH 1 year ago ]

Wake up at 5am, commute is 30 minutes. Flexi hours so start anywhere from 8 - 10am and finish between 4-5am.   [ viktory70 1 year ago ]

6:20am wake up, leave the house at 7:15, get to the office around 8:15, leave at 4:15ish   [ djhworld 1 year ago ]

Wake up - 7am Commute - 50 mins Start work - 8:30am Finish work - 4:30pm   [ jenniecide1 1 year ago ]

Early Shift: Up at 5:00am Leave at 5:45am Door to door is roughly 40 mins, but I spend the extra grabbing a coffee before work. Finish at 4pm, realistically finish at 5pm, home by 6pm. Late shift (either 11 or 12 start depending on day of week) Up between 8:30-9:30 Grab some food, potter around Leave between 9:45 and 10:45. Again, grab a coffee before work with the extra time. Finish at either 8pm or 9pm (generally closer to the half hour of each though.)   [ retromancing 1 year ago ]

Up at 5:50 commute 1h1:15   [ ckellum84 1 year ago ]

Early shift: Alarm 04:30 Get up 04:45 Leave house drive to work 05:20 Leave work 13:45 Get home 14:20 Night shift: Get up (no alarm) 13:00-15:00 Leave house drive to work 19:20 Leave work 06:00 Get home 06:20   [ MylesHSG 1 year ago ]

You got your own biz? You doing well? If so can you say what?   [ Mrsiftersoldmesongs 1 year ago ]

You have added an extra wake up somewhere in between arriving and leaving office   [ dunkirk2605 1 year ago ]

Wake up 8ish. Commute 45 minutes on the motorbike. 1 hour 30 on the overground and walking if I'm going for beers in the evening (it's 1 hour 15 if I change at Canada Water, but bugger that). Show up to work 10ish. Rather flexible when I rock up. Finish work around 5. Although I do one day a week where I work until 8-9. WFH 2-3 days a week. Where I get up at 9:30, start work at 10 and work until 5. Have a rather good work life balance.   [ Kaer 1 year ago ]

Wake up 05:00, leave house 05:30, 45 minute commute so arrive at work 06:15 giving enough time to potter around before starting work at 06:30. Finish work between 18:30-19:00. For night shifts just add twelve hours to all those timings.   [ papillonpark 1 year ago ]

Alarm goes off: 6:50 Get out of bed: 7:00 Leave home: 7:30 Arrive in office: 8:30 Wake up: 9:00 Leave office: 17:30 Arrive home: 18:30   [ overachiever 1 year ago ]

Gym mornings: Wake up: 6:10 Commute: 30 minutes. Start work: 9:00 Finish work: 18:00 but I usually leave 17:30. None gym mornings. Wake up: 7:15   [ kieero_11 1 year ago ]

Radio at 6.30. Eyes open 7-7.30. If working from home log on about 8.30, otherwise about 50 mins by tube or 25-60 minutes drive depending heavily on traffic. Soon it will be more like awake at 5.30, train at 6, Paddington at 7.30, office at 8.15. That's going to hurt a bit.   [ jollygoodvelo 1 year ago ]

Wake up at 8.30 am Sit at my desk at home at 9 am Work from home till whenever I feel like not working anymore   [ fishandbanana 1 year ago ]

5.30am, finish at 6pm sometimes 7pm. Trading is brutal and Im glad Im not going to be doing it for much longer. Money good, work/life, shite.   [ GotNoCredditFam 1 year ago ]

Wake up: 6:00am Commute: 45 minutes Start: 7:30am Finish 4:00pm   [ BuffaloTheory 1 year ago ]

Wake up: 8 Commute: 45 mins Start work: 9.30 Finish work: Anywhere between 5.30 and midnight. Probably 7ish on average.   [ litenbjorn 1 year ago ]

Wake up 7.30 -> get out of bed 8 -> leave for work 8.30 -> get to work 9 (30 mins commute). Usually get in 10 minutes late because I leave too late. I have rather flexible hours and work as much or little as I have to, but I'm supposed to finish 4.30.   [ lIlIlIIIlI 1 year ago ]

Ouch   [ Thenateo 1 year ago ]

Wake up at 7. Leave at 8.20 (Im a woman) Commute takes exactly an hour door to door.   [ minniemoomin 1 year ago ]

as much as id like to get up at 6 or 7, the reality is more like 11   [ Glensarge 1 year ago ]

What do you do at home for two and half hours every morning before work?   [ nickgasm 1 year ago ]

I'm beginning to get the impression that most people in this sub have desk jobs.   [ [deleted] 1 year ago ]

Wake up 7, leave home 7.20, be at work 7.30, finish 3.30. Im one of the lucky ones.   [ andrew_a7 1 year ago ]

90 minutes before start time. 20 mins snoozing, 20 getting washed and dressed, 20 mins commuting (on a good day), 30 mins contingency.   [ greymutt 1 year ago ]

same but my commute is 45 mins so 15 mins earlier. The concept of "finishing work" is lost on me. My work is by definition a bottomless pit.   [ SpeakMouthWords 1 year ago ]

Is "I don't wake up for work" a valid answer? :-)   [ WestLondonsFinest 1 year ago ]

6.30am wake up 7am leave home 7.30 arrive at work Leave work anytime between 5 and 7   [ iMac_Hunt 1 year ago ]

Wake up 9ish 15 min walk to work for 10 / 10:30 Get home about 7 Evening meetings with the US 8-10ish about 3 nights a week   [ mbthegreat 1 year ago ]

Wake up 4.45am, leave the house at 6am, in work for 7. Usually finish about 5.   [ I-Ribbit 1 year ago ]

Wake up at 7:30, leave at 8:45. 15 min commute for a start around 9:00, finish about 18:00.   [ [deleted] 1 year ago ]

Wake up: 7:35. Commute: 50 minutes door-to-door by bus or 30 minutes by bike. Start work: 9:30. Finish work: 17:30.   [ andreeaa-alexandra 1 year ago ]

7am. On the days I go to the office I leave at 7:30 from near Epsom and get to central London for 8:30, by motorcycle. Finish at 5:15. Most days I work at home though.   [ Lancey 1 year ago ]

Up at 0530 ish. Leave at 0630. Get to work for 0800. Up to 60 minutes of Victoria line and thames link bliss and maybe 30 minutes of walking.   [ donald_cheese 1 year ago ]

Work starts at 8. I wake up at 5:30. Commute is about 1 hour (i never really measure the time I get there when I get there) from Croydon (door to door).   [ AxeellYoung 1 year ago ]

Start work at 9 Wake up at 6 Commute is 25mins Finish, dont ask lol.   [ SZXVII 1 year ago ]

Wake up: 06:45 Commute: 50 mins Start work: 09:00 Finish work: 17:00   [ HarveySpecs 1 year ago ]

6:30 start at 8, 50 minutes door to door   [ forowned 1 year ago ]

Varies day to day... But to get to the office...up at 7, out the door 7:45 at the office for 8:50. Quick 40 mile trip   [ the_sameness 1 year ago ]

Wake up at 9, commute is 30 minutes on my motorbike, start work at 10   [ Animosus5 1 year ago ]

Start work at 9 and finish at 5. My commute is about 30 mins door to door (including tube) I'm terrible and end up getting up at about 7.40 and I'm out the door by 8.20.   [ jamesjo93 1 year ago ]

Post your Comments